Sensory Fitness for Autism Certification Level I
Time & Location
About the Event
Anyone working with kids and adults on the autism spectrum in a fitness capacity should take this course! Matt Sloan, owner of Sensory Fitness has developed a fitness program based in sensory and functional fitness principles that empowers the individual, promotes body aweness, and address strong posture, coordinaion, and motor skills.
This is a bottom up approach to fitness to promote active participaion, motivation, with an emphasis on having fun while improving health both holistic and wholistic.
- Learn how our sensory systems affect function
- Develop sensory friendly environments and activities
- Experience how a foundational understanding of posture, coordination, and motor skills will improve your own program
- Learn how to use specialized equipment
- Learn how to be intentional about your activities to meet a client where they are, promote awareness, and improve function